Saturday, May 17, 2008

Google tools - :-( I am sad !

Google is going great, but still some of the web tools of Google sucks. Two of them are blogspot(which I am used from long time and can't leave now) and picasa. As technology and programming languages growing rapidly, smartness of the software depends on how many pages I need to traverse before my work is done, how many clicks I need to do, how many hyperlinks I need to traverse. And I am surprised company which is one of the greatest promoter of AJAX, where things are done so smartly, itself use some useless stuff.

Condition: I need to upload 5 photos in my blogspot from its photo uploading option. It will give you to upload one photo at a time(what the heck is this), not only that after uploading that photo you need to close that option and have to start from beginning - pathetic.

1 photo -> Click on option -> See a new page -> Click on browse button -> Select the photo -> Wait for uploading -> Click on done button.
2 photo -> Click on option -> See a new page -> Click on browse button -> Select the photo -> Wait for uploading -> Click on done button.
...
...
...

Justified ? At least not for me. On the other hand, no doubts there are some cool feature like editing blog page, themes and many more. But there are still some more options which frustrate you.


Now, coming on Picasa, this is the real one.

- Click on next photo, photo will come in a blur mode and then it will be like that for next 20-30 second(mind it, my net speed is not slow). (which is great in flickr)
- Last week, my friend Ankur mention the great threat of using unlisted option in Picasa, which public generally thinks as private and safe options. (which is great in flickr)
- There is no code generation and no way you can give a static link of your picasa photos, so that user can only view photo not picasa UI(which is great in flickr)
- Photo uploading from offline Picasa tool to online picasa is a good option but if someone want to upload from online Picasa site, get ready to cry :)
- There are many more .. which keep on coming in my mind when I use this site.

I hope Google guys are taking action on these tools and will provide a better option soon.

No comments: